GSME Provides Services and Support in Three Areas:
- Support for China Education and Training Business and Projects;
- Training on China, and Doing Business in China for Businesses and Institutions, or Investment Institutions Engaging with China or seeking to engage with China;
- Training and Support Services on North America for Businesses, Institutions, and for Individuals (including English and Spanish Language Training);
GSME Services and Support for China Education and Training Business
Opportunities For Foreign Education and Training Institutions, and Businesses, in China
While China undeniably has a strong domestic base for education that is the envy of many other countries, there are numerous niche sub-sectors that overseas educators are well placed to tap into and a great appetite for foreign expertise.
Substantial opportunities exist for capable and qualified North American schools and training institutions to enter into the Chinese market and be very successful. And there are as well opportunities to secure partners and investment to assist in the process.
Particular opportunity exists for:
- Pre K12 Education;
- K12 Education;
- Private Universities; and
- Various Types of training.
There are an abundance of opportunities for foreign involvement in China’s education industry, but success can only be assured, and a high return on investment realized, by first having a detailed understanding of the market environment, development of the requisite entry and business strategy, and then by the selection of the appropriate business model and investment vehicle.
From Asian Business Review (March 2018)
“A series of highly publicized scandals at Chinese preschools rocked the country in recent years, which increased both government and parental scrutiny on private education. Observers were shocked that such maltreatment could occur at well-regarded private preschools in wealthy neighborhoods, including at RYB Education – China’s largest private preschool chain, which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Rather than discouraging participation in private education, however, the scandals underscore the need for more reliable, high-quality schools. And China’s education industry – already enormous – is poised to grow even larger. With the rise of China’s lower tier and inland cities, and a government interested in equipping the workforce for a changing economy, demand for education continues to grow.
Despite high market demand, the education industry remains a sensitive area for foreign investment in China. FDI is either encouraged, restricted, or prohibited depending on the subsector. With increased scrutiny, new laws, and a variety of investment vehicles to consider, investing in China’s lucrative education industry is challenging without a detailed entry strategy.”
Mckinsey and Company in their report “Doing Business in China” identified Industries with the potential for faster growth in the next decade
“Education: Nearly two-thirds of registered kindergartens in China are privately owned. Private universities are expanding. Traditional and online vocational learning schools are publicly listed multibillion-dollar businesses. Niche businesses, such as preparing children to apply to US, UK, and Australian high schools and universities, are also flourishing. The amount the Chinese are willing to spend on tutoring and support for their children is almost unlimited. As the middle class becomes wealthier, the increased ability to spend will drive market growth.”
From Asian Business Review
“China’s education system – and the job market upon graduation – is fiercely competitive, which leads many students to enroll in supplementary after-school education to keep up. Chinese families are prepared to spend heavily on education to keep their children competitive with their peers.”
“As China’s economy transitions towards services and higher value-added manufacturing, the country’s workforce needs more technical and specialized training. For example, although China aims to become a world leader in Artificial Intelligence (AI) is investing heavily to meet this goal, its workforce has a severe talent shortage in the industry.
This trend can be seen not just in highly technical fields, but also creative ones. China’s garment industry, for instance, is looking to transition from labor-intensive production to higher value product design, but lacks qualified talent.”
GSME Services and Support for China Education and Training Business and Projects
Working with our China Strategic Partner, Uniquantum Investment Ltd, which has considerable expertise on China’s Education and Training Business Sector as it is an area that they invest in, and raise financing for, GSME provides services and support to North American Education and Training Institutions and Companies seeking to do business with China* which include:
- Assistance and Support for New Education and Training Business with China;
- Assistance and Support for Education and Training Business Expansion with China;
- Assistance and Support for Education and Training Business Diversification with China;
- Assistance and Support for Improved and More Successful Education and Training Business with China;
- Assistance and Support in the Marketing and Promotion of your Education and Training Company/Institution in China and the Services, Programs, and Products that you can Provide;
- Assistance in Developing Specific Education Products, Services, and Projects for the China Market that would offer Great Opportunity for China Market Penetration and Success;
- Advice, Guidance, and Support in Securing Business and Project Financing;
- Assistance and Support for Construction or Purchasing in China of Physical Facilities for Education and Training Program Delivery;
- Assistance and Support for Construction or Purchasing in Canada of Physical Facilities for Education and Training Program Delivery;
- Ongoing Business Development and Operations Support;
- China Asset and Business Management Services;
- Advice, Guidance, and Support for Securing Necessary Approvals in China;
- Support in Securing Necessary Business Partners and Necessary Business Support Services in China;
- Assistance in China Negotiations;
- China Due Diligence Studies;
- Preliminary and Advanced Business Structuring;
- Education and Training Business Investment Project Analysis and Planning;
- Training on China, and Doing Business with China, for Businesses and Institutions Engaging with China or Seeking to Engage with China. (Training Programs are tailored to the specific needs and circumstances of client companies and institutions);
- Preliminary and Advanced Business Plan and Market Plan Development for Securing and Improving Education and Training Business with China;
- Advice and Guidance on Making Adjustments to Current Plans for Projects to make those Projects Attractive to Investment and Financing from Companies and Financial and Investment Institutions from China
- Education and Training Business and Project Feasibility Assessments;
- Preliminary and Advanced Evaluation, Assessment, and Identification of What Could be Achieved by your Company (given your assets and capabilities) (the opportunities present) and (how you could be positioned) in the Education and Training Business with China;
- Review and Assessment of your Company or Institution’s Already Planned Projects to Determine if Financing or Investment from China is Possible and Identification of the Probable Terms and Conditions that could be expected;
- Identification of Potential New Business Opportunities and Projects Involving China or Chinese Business that could Attract Investment or Financing from China and identification of the Probable Terms and Conditions that could be expected;
- Evaluation and Assessment of your Company’s or Institution’s Current Business Positioning, Operations and Strategies for Education and Training Business with China (including current Marketing and Market Entry Strategies for China) to Determine if more Effective Approaches are Possible;
- Preliminary and Advanced Evaluation of the Opportunities and Requirements for Your Education and Training Institution, or Training Business to succeed in China;
- Consulting Services and Guidance on the Nature of the Opportunities in the Training and Education Sector and What They Involve.
- *For Education and Training both in China, and Outside of China
Under Certain Conditions, Joint Venture Arrangements May be Possible.
Working with Uniquantum Investment Ltd, GSME can also provide Services, Support, and Assistance to various levels of Government (Federal/National, State/Provincial, Municipal/City and First Nations) for Education and Training Business and Investment Initiatives with China.
GSME Training and Support Services on North America for Businesses, Institutions, and for Individuals
Working with Partner Institutions GSME can provide:
- English Language Training for Canada and the United States;
- Spanish Language Training for Mexico;
- Cultural Exchange, Travel and Tour Programs for Canada and the United States;
- Training on the Legal, Political, Governance Systems and the Laws of Canada, the United States, and Mexico;
- Canadian, American and Mexican Cultural Training;
- Training on the Business Laws and Requirements for Operating a Business in Canada, Mexico, and the United States.